Thursday, June 10, 2010

Preliminary Words

This will have to be brief for the time being as I'm recovering quite a bit from a long day and week. But I am too excited not to write even the tiniest bit here to start off a long-overdue project. Maybe it's even a bit poetic that I write my first post through that familiar feeling of complete exhaustion. Granted, I never feel any other way. Poetic indeed.

Anyway, what are my goals here? My first goal, selfish as it may be, is to unload some of the thoughts and feelings that I've accumulated over the past 2 years. Since I don't share them very often (if ever) with the people in my life, I've decided to give an anonymous venue a try. If you're curious as to why I don't share, I'm sure I will return to this topic in future writings. My second goal is tied into my first. As I share, I hope others find me who are going through the same hardships. Finding people who know exactly what I'm talking about, about the difficulties and the constant setbacks, and to connect with them to feel a little less alone in this fight would be magnificent. And third, while I am still very far from being OK, I have made some progress in the last 6 months and I very much want to share that. I hope that in doing so, I can help others find their way to recovery, however slow or fast it may be.

So that is sufficient for a first day's work I believe. And so I return to my other familiar state of complete and utter rest.

No comments: