Sunday, February 5, 2012

If it's not one thing it's another...

Or really it's just everything all at once! I've finally found a tiny bit of extra energy to invest in developing some interests (ie learning about design, web programming, this blog!) and of course, with the added use of the computer because of all this, I've damaged my wrists with the repetitive motion. I guess laying in bed while using a laptop really isn't helping any, who would have thought. So much for trying to make something of the useless lump that I am :) I've had this pain now for 3-4 months now; while it's gotten better, it's taken typing with one hand and forcing myself to be a lefty. And now my left hand is acting up. Boo.

Sigh. Maybe going back to work after being out for a week+ with a cold will help the wrist situation. My laptop is quite the wrist killer it seems. But, ugh, work. That is the energy killer. Anyway, I will try to save up some wrist strength to write some of the stuff that's been rolling around in my head, hopefully sometime soon.

2 comments:

upnorth said...

sorry you're having a rough time of it. You are still managing to work? How's that going? Hope you feel a bit better soon.

DolceVita said...

Yeah still working part-time, between getting a new supervisor, who's really understanding, and hiring on some more people to lessen the burden of more physical-labor type work, I'm up to 5 hours/day of desk-job type work (if I'm lucky and no one asks me to run around and do stuff for them!). How's your PhD coming along?